Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Universal Signs

   Have you ever noticed universally understood symbols or sayings?  I mean something like a thumbs up, or a peace sign.  This is random, I know, but I guess most or some people think about it at one point.
   Crossover words and cognates also remind me of this.  Crossover words are same words with the same meaning in two different languages.  Cognates are words that sound very similar to the same word in a different language.  That was just something I picked up in Spanish class.
   My original idea for this whole post was me actually thinking about when people connect a whole bunch of /'s, |'s, and "'s and other keystrokes to form a larger picture.  Almost as if it were a collage of punctuation marks.  But back to my main train of thought, why can't I find any readily made thumbs ups punctuation collages?  Perhaps no one has thought of it, or decided to put it on the Internet that was search able through Google?  You're guess is as good as mine at this point.  You've probably seen someone post a sign of punctuation's somewhere though, be that YouTube comments or forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment