Monday, January 11, 2010

Taking a Stand

     Many people may think that taking a stand for what they believe in is difficult.  Taking a stand can be very difficult, if you make it difficult for yourself.  I took a stand for what I believed in.  This was no small task for me.
     First, a little background info.  I moved into a new house about a year ago.  This new house is actually a warehouse and it wasn't exactly in the best condition when we moved in.  Ever since, my family and I have been working on our new home.  Everyone does their part, some more than others, but it is still help none the less.  My Father is home nearly all the time and he does about  90% of everything that gets done around the house.  My Mother helps all she can, though she has a day job and isn't home nearly as much as my Father.
      This is where explaining gets difficult.  My Father doesn't exactly have a day job he goes to every morning at 8 but still gets payed even though he is home most of the time (and I don't mean he has a job on the computer at home or anything).  My Mother does and usually gets home around 5.  Honestly and bluntly, my Mother complains of (nearly) all that my Father does even when he does his best and just does what's best for us.
      Back to what I've been meaning to say from the start, taking the stand.  At the time, I was playing at the computer when my Mother and someone she was talking to walking into the room a couple steps away.  My Mother said something to the effect (that's probably the wrong a/effect) of complaining about the trimming near a door being off the ground.  The person she was talking to agreed and said that they had suggested the same.
     I couldn't take it anymore.  I stood up and walked over to my mother.  I explained to her that my Father does much more for us than she knows and that he does what he does because he loves us.  I didn't wait for a response as I turned back to the computer.
     Some teenagers may have little to no respect for their parents and think that this stand is nothing compared to what they do.  I respect my parents very much which made this stand that much harder for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment