Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What does St. Patrick's Day Mean to you?

I have never really thought very much about St. Patrick's day. When I remember St. Patrick's Days of the past, I remember a day of either remembering to wear green and being safe or forgetting and preparing to get pinched. Now that I give more thought to luck and such, I become more grateful for all the lucky moments in my life. One such lucky moment would probably be when my Dad and I were filling a PVC tank full of compressed air to check for leaks and the tank exploded in our hands. Any amount of air pressure can be dangerous but I had the luck to walk away unhurt from this potential catastrophe. While in Houston, Texas my family and I went to watch a parade. Afterwards, we were walking back to a train station to get back to our car. We encountered a crosswalk that had a stall near the left of the road and limited our view. As my sister was crossing the street, I spotted a car speeding from our blind side. Immediately I understood what would happen and I yelled out her name. She danced back just as the car sped by. I am very grateful for this bit of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment